So much power comes from how we see ourselves. What's happened between us and our husbands (regarding their sexual impurity or sexual addiction), can cause us to stay angry, offended, and hurt—which is where the enemy wants us to stay—feeling defeated.
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.”
Fighting in the spiritual world with spiritual weapons (the Word) is much more effective than battling with our husbands, in the flesh.
We are powerful and strong because we have God living inside of us; we need to recognize this truth and who we are in Christ. We don't feel strong if we're looking at things from a natural perspective, rather than a spiritual one; this is where partnering with the Word comes in. A woman can make the following sorts of daily confessions:
- I am close to God, and He helps me in every situation
- I'm unoffendable and full of peace because I spend time with Jesus
- I'm not afraid of bad news because I trust in You, God
- I will not let the enemy keep me from seeing truth
- Because I belong to God, I have favor, wisdom, protection, and everything I need—I am valuable
- I can do everything I need to do today because God gives me strength
- Grace and peace are mine in abundance just from knowing Jesus